It’s only at first glance it seems that you have few things and the most necessary furniture. That’s when you start to collect and sort them for moving, it turns out that there are very, very many! How not to fall over things and not get lost in piles of various junk? How to act methodically and collect things in minimum time?
The first thing you need to start with is collecting or purchasing boxes and bags. You need boxes of different sizes, dense, with a closing lid. These can be asked or inexpensive to buy in supermarkets, ask around with friends. In extreme cases, boxes can be bought in the company involved in transportation.
You will also need:
- bubble wrap;
- newspaper sheets, clean paper, sheets of wrapping paper;
- soft padding material;
- twine or strong rope for rewinding;
- Scissors, bright markers, sticky paper for marking;
At the preparation stage, create a folder for documents and make sure that it is always protected and at hand. In it, add up all the important documents, as well as contracts, receipts, certificates, etc.
And one more thing – you need to collect things in advance, in advance, so that you can not forget anything and transport everything safely.
WHY START TO GET THINGS
Operate consistently! Do not grasp everything at once! Start with things and shoes that are not worn now, then pack the pillows, blankets, bed linen sets, curtains, all household textiles. This can be put in separate bags or boxes and must be signed.
Then take care of the dishes. Wrap it with paper, a soft cloth and put it in a box. If there are gaps, be sure to fill them with soft padding material. Do not feel sorry for the packaging material, so that all items remain intact!
Quickly to collect things at moving it is possible and acting on rooms. So, first you consistently pack everything that is in the bedroom, then take on the bathroom, toilet, kitchen, nursery and lounge. And on the boxes you can immediately sign, from which room these things.
WHAT IS THE BEST TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN THINGS
Toys, books, children’s clothes and shoes should be transported in separate boxes and bags. Pre-sort the broken things and discard them. Do not stuff toys up to the limit, it’s best to take a few small ones.
Before you lay down your things, it’s good to wash and pat them to get a neat little stack and put them in the closets. This applies to both children’s and adult things.
READY FURNITURE TO RELOCATE
If it is cumbersome, then you need to disassemble and carefully pack the compiled parts. Fittings and fasteners must be put in a separate bag and must be signed. Mirrors are packed in cardboard sheets and are rewound with bubble wrap and tape.
Provide a separate box for tools. Also you will need boxes for each name of household appliances. Before you pack it, disconnect from the network, disassemble as far as possible, put the instruction in the box. Fill all vacant spaces in the box with newspapers. Portraits, pictures from the walls are packed in bags and fix with tape on top.
PRODUCTS, RESERVES AND KITCHEN APPLIANCES
For transportation of food and perishable products, use containers with a tight lid. Bulk stocks can be transported in bags, cans – in a box, pre-wrapped in paper. Place the plates in a vertical box and shift them with sheets of packing paper. Pots, lids, frying pans can be wrapped in a soft cloth and also put in a separate box.
HOW TO CORRECTLY PACK THE EVERYDAY USE OF THINGS
You must have a separate box in which you put items for everyday use. So, it can be towels and toothbrushes / pasta for each member of the family, toilet paper and napkins, one pan and frying pan, a knife, forks / spoons, scissors, soap. Separately, put the clothes that will be worn during the move and until the boxes are unpacked.
AND ANOTHER SIMPLE RULES FACING THE COLLECTION OF THINGS
Now you know how to collect things correctly when moving. And finally, some more useful tips that will facilitate the process:
- Keep seasonal things in cases, clean and in a separate cabinet. Then packing them will be much easier and faster.
- Regularly (preferably once every 3 months) sell / give away / throw away those things from which you or your children have grown, those that have become worthless. This greatly facilitates the cabinets and the process of their dismantling before moving.
- Store kitchen utensils in the original packaging, use plastic containers for food storage, and cans with lids for loose. All this is very quickly packaged and transported.
- In the drum of the washing machine, you can put a bag of powder and clothespins, in a coffee machine – a bag of coffee, in a clean and dry kettle you can put a bag of tea and sugar. In the microwave, put the instruments wrapped in paper, cups, a small saucepan.
- Pack the blankets and pillows along with the linens.
- At the top of each box, put a list of things that are packed in it.
- Number the boxes, sign the rooms and the owners.
- In the apartment where you move, immediately screw in all the lights, check the work of plumbing, do an easy cleaning before the items are brought.
And most importantly – act calmly and confidently, and then your move will go smoothly!
Picture Credit: vikvarga