Are there problems with plumbing? Let’s try to fix it all!
Sometimes even the most insignificant plumbing problems seem insoluble. But the specialist’s help is not always required. If you understand the reason, most problems with plumbing can be resolved independently. Here are the most common of them and the correct ways to eliminate them:
• The water pipe is covered with condensate. The formation of condensate is always associated with a certain temperature drop, as well as insufficient ventilation. Check the ventilation and insulate the pipe.
• Condensation is constantly generated on the mixer and toilet bowl, which is a consequence of water leakage. The restoration of the valve’s locking capacity completely solves this problem.
• Water from the mixer flows with a slight pressure. Most often, the cause of the poor pressure is a clogged sprayer (aerator). In this case, it must be cleaned. This trouble can also happen due to a hose hose (connection point with a mixer) or a filter in front of the meter.
• The mixer is not closed properly. It all depends on its type. In the ball device, you must replace the cartridge, and in the semi-rotary device, change the crane boxes. If the faucet mixer does not close the water properly, then first remove the crane and replace the rubber gasket.
• Puddle under the sink or washbasin. The problem is in the water supply to the mixer. The situation threatens to rush, it is necessary as soon as possible to replace the leaky part of the pipe or flexible hose.
• Moisture accumulates under the counter. This happens when the nipple nipples shrink or the union nuts do not provide sufficient tightening. The presence of a seal does not make it possible to replace the gasket, so you need to tighten it, as far as the seal allows. Repair of minor leaks is best done during calibration of meters. If you do not touch the connection points, the leakage will not increase. Rather, it will diminish or disappear altogether.
• There is a red trail on the bottom of the toilet. Rust settles on the walls of the equipment, when there is a constant leakage of water from the tank. Repair or replacement of stop valves is required.
• The reservoir is not filled with water. This is a consequence of the clogged filter at the inlet to the tank or the valves of the tank valve. In this case, the tank is dismantled and cleaned.
• Water from the tank constantly flows into the toilet. This means that the rubber pear does not fit well inside the reservoir to the outlet. Water overflow is also possible due to the fact that the pear was worn out, the check valve (replacement of the gasket is required), the float is high. Repair consists in replacement of worn out parts, cleaning of plaque of adjoining old parts and adjustment of spout level. If the replacement of the pear is impossible, then its pressure must be strengthened by the load.
• In the kitchen and in the bathroom there is an unpleasant smell of sewerage. The reason for not damaged siphons and connecting pipes is insufficient ventilation of the drain due to clogging. Cleaning, as a rule, is carried out by a cable from a roof or an attic.
• After the new toilet bowl is installed, a puddle appears on the floor, although all joints remain completely dry. Probable cause – factory marriage (small cracks, not noticed when buying plumbing). We need to turn the toilet, examine its internal surface, find a flaw, wipe it dry and patch it with plumbing silicone.
It does not matter if the drain plug of the bath does not fit tightly into the nest and lets in water. To cope with this trouble is very easy: just enough side surface of the plug to thickly soap.
Picture Credit: fran1