The most important rule is that the light should be three-level, which means using the main light source (chandelier), wall, and table lamps. Following this rule, you get a cozy and pleasant atmosphere.
Do not forget about the location of the switches. For example, in the bedroom, it is recommended to install a backup switch next to the bed, so you do not have to get out of bed one more time to turn off the light.
A few tips:
- in order to achieve a good atmosphere in modern design, an LED strip is used. It is installed in niches, along the edge of the ceiling, or in an arch opening, which gives the interior originality;
- with the help of lighting, you can visually increase or decrease the room and divide it into functional zones;
- large chandeliers and various structures made of glass and plastic are chosen as ceiling lamps in spacious rooms. In a small room, choose smaller built-in systems and lamp shades;
- if your interior is in dark colors, then you need to choose powerful lamps;
to expand a narrow room, the lamps are not placed in the center, but closer to one of the walls;
- for low ceilings, choose lamps directed upwards, and for high ones – those that illuminate the walls, leaving the ceiling darkened;
- a narrow corridor is expanded with lamps located in one row, placed along one wall;
- lamps with muted light create a cozy atmosphere.
The most interesting thing is that, depending on the purpose of the room, certain lighting is also chosen.
Lighting in the living room
In the living room, there are the most opportunities to experiment with light, using different types of lighting. Decorative lighting sets accents and creates a unique image of the interior with the help of various illumination of niches, paintings, furniture, and objects of art. Architectural light divides the space into zones and allows you to decorate it with different light sources with different color temperatures.
Lighting in the dining room
If general lighting is not necessary here, then working lighting of the dining table is necessary. Decorative lighting is organized so that it does not overlap with working lighting.
Lighting in the kitchen
The most important thing here is to illuminate the work surfaces, and given that modern kitchen furniture has built-in lighting, it will be easier to do this. If it turns out that there is no such illumination, then clip-on lamps are used.
Lamps above the work area should have a smooth surface so that they can be washed more easily. It is better to place a single-lamp lamp not in the center of the room, but closer to the dining table.
Pay attention to the location of the lamps. They should not cast your shadow on the work surface.
Lighting in the bedroom
In the bedroom, it is important to take care of not only the main lighting but also the decorative light. The light should not be too bright, because it will not promote relaxation.
Lighting in the bathroom
Light of moderate brightness, which is created by upper and side sources, is best suited for bathrooms.
The mirror should have soft, diffused, and natural lighting from symmetrical side lamps. Pay special attention to safety in the bathroom: wiring, sockets, switches, and lamps are installed no closer than 60 cm from sinks and bathtubs.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate