Did you know that you can use such inexpensive and natural remedies as vinegar, baking soda, and lemon to clean your home?
Advantages of natural cleaning products for house cleaning
Using vinegar, baking soda, and lemon to clean the house, you get the following benefits:
- They are inexpensive;
- They are very effective;
- They are easy to use;
- They are available;
- They do not contain any toxic substances;
- They are safe for the environment.
In addition to being an extremely beneficial product for human health and an excellent cosmetic for skin and hair, vinegar can also be used to clean the house. And although this product does not contain any chemical additives, it does not cease to be extremely effective, because vinegar contains tartaric, acetic, and citric acid, which makes it a powerful disinfectant.
Vinegar will help wash away old grease and other dirt, eliminate odors and return the items to their former luster.
Here are some ways to use vinegar to clean your home:
- For the kitchen: mix vinegar with water in a ratio of 1:1 and pour it into a spray bottle. With this solution, you can clean the stove and kitchen surfaces.
- For glassware and windows: instead of buying a special glass cleaner, try mixing vinegar with water in a ratio of 1:5. Pour it into a bottle from your old window cleaner.
- For washing: vinegar can be used to replace store-bought fabric softener. Also, vinegar will help protect your washing machine from the scale.
- To remove rust: Stains and traces of rust can be removed with a cloth soaked in vinegar or by soaking the damaged item in a container with vinegar for several hours.
- For cleaning furniture and wooden floors: vinegar is an excellent tool for cleaning and polishing furniture and wooden floors. To prepare this cleanser, you need to mix vinegar with a little water.
If you do not like the specific smell of vinegar, add a few drops of essential oil to the product based on this product. You can use essential oils that have cleansing properties: lemon, tea tree oil, and peppermint.
- For the bathroom and tiles: Pour a small amount of baking soda on a cloth or sponge and rub the bath and tiles thoroughly with it. Then rinse these areas with water and let them dry.
- For washing: baking soda is a great detergent because it can soften laundry, remove stains and grease, and eliminate odors.
- To eliminate odors: Soda will help you eliminate odors from shoes, dirty carpets, garbage, spoiled food, or toilets of pets. Treat the areas that need cleaning with a small amount of baking soda, and after a while shake things from the remnants of powder.
Lemon can be used to clean the house and eliminate odors.
- For the bathroom: Lemon juice is an excellent disinfectant that can be used to clean the bathroom and toilet. Particularly dirty areas can be treated with half a lemon, rubbing its juice into the contaminated area.
- For the microwave: place a glass of water and lemon juice (1:1) in the microwave. Heat a container of water for 2 minutes to make grease and other sticky dirt more susceptible to flushing. Then wipe the microwave well with a rag.
- To whiten linen: to return your white clothes to their former rich color, add a little lemon juice to the washing machine. This will help give the linen a brighter color without damaging the fibers of the fabric.
Picture Credit: Unsplash