Everyone wants to live in a house free of germs and bad smells. But that’s actually easier said than done.
When cooking, for example, fumes and various residues settle on surfaces. And this is spreading unpleasant smells in the house.
The kitchen is the most used of all the other rooms in the house. Various smells, both pleasant and not-so-pleasant, are concentrated here. Certain residues and waste decompose, and a layer of dirt, sometimes invisible can pose a health risk.
In the bathroom, the biggest enemy is moisture. Usually, this room is closed, there is little ventilation, and wet towels also absorb an unpleasant smell.
Most traditional air fresheners are harmful to your health. However, certain tricks can be used to refresh rooms.
Tips for removing unpleasant odors in the kitchen:
- Do not forget to turn on the hood. It is necessary to ventilate the room before, during, and after cooking.
- Don’t forget to dispose of the trash on time.
- Tinctures: We have great helpers in the kitchen, including vinegar, baking soda, or orange or tangerine peels. It is enough to place the skins in water and boil them for a few minutes to achieve the desired effect.
- Lemon: You can add a lemon peel to a container of water and put it in the oven or microwave to eliminate the smell of fried food. You can also put a lemon in oil to absorb odors. It is worth noting that lemon juice helps to remove grease on kitchen surfaces.
- Spices: cloves, cinnamon, and vanillin help to moisten the space. Cinnamon has a relaxing effect, and vanilla essence combined with water is used to clean furniture and floors.
- Coffee: whole coffee beans eliminate bad odors. Just place the coffee beans in the free space of the kitchen. Coffee emits a pleasant aroma that spreads throughout the house.
- Plants: plants such as thyme, rosemary, mint, and basil growing in small pots give a pleasant aroma to your home.
- Homemade air fresheners: you can pour a tincture of spices into a small spray bottle and use it as needed. For example, citrus fruits (orange or lemon) go very well with cinnamon and white vinegar.
- Cleaning: try to clean the fridge regularly. You can freshen the air by putting a lemon or orange, cut in half, in the fridge.
Say goodbye to bad smells in the bathroom
It’s not enough to have a wonderful, cozy home if the bathroom smells bad. To avoid it, the bathroom should be cleaned regularly. For this, you can use some home remedies:
- Eliminate moisture: the pleasant smell in the bathroom directly depends on the humidity factor. To eliminate it, you can place a container with a small amount of rice, chalk, or coal in the bathroom.
- Dry towels: Hang towels to dry after drying to avoid odors.
- Freshen the air in the room with natural essences: dry flower petals are ideal fragrances. Place them in a bowl or small bag. The smell can be enhanced by adding a small amount of alcohol or rose essence.
- Orange or lemon peel will also be useful for the bathroom, especially in combination with coarse salt.
- Take advantage of baking soda: it perfectly neutralizes odors. Spray it on curtains, rugs, shelves, and even shoes.
- Use vinegar: Vinegar helps to get rid of bad odors and also cleans the tiles to a shine. It stops the spread of fungus and mold that often appear in the bathroom.
As you can see, it is not difficult at all to eliminate bad smells from the kitchen or bathroom. The basis of this is cleaning using all available means; it’s a cheap solution that gives great results.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate